Signs your AC Unit Needs a Repair
Hot weather is something you generally deal with wherever you live, and it doesn’t matter if you rent an apartment or own your home. Air conditioners are the most popular way people get out of often-scorching conditions. That is until they break down on you. And though nothing lasts forever, there is nothing more frustrating and more devastating than losing your air conditioning. If you are unsure if your AC is malfunctioning, there are a few signs that can indicate whether you need a repair or in some cases, a replacement. And while some are obvious, while others are not. At Fix-it Rite Air Conditioning Repair Sacramento, we are trained to know the warning signs will help you should know to decide if you need professional services before the problems get out of hand.
- One of the most obvious signs something is wrong with your AC unit is if there is no cool air coming out. Even if you have it full blast, the air is still coming out either not as cold or even warm. The decrease of cool air might mean that there is a failure in the system’s compressor. It can also mean that the unit’s Freon levels are low.
- Weak or little air flow through the vents is also a sign that something is wrong with the unit’s compressor. The problem might also be with the duct and it is a sign that your AC system needs repair right away. Sometimes debris gets stuck in the vents, which puts you and your family’s health at risk.
- Sometimes the issue is not the AC unit, but with the thermostat. A great way to tell if your thermostat is the problem is if certain parts of your house is a lot colder than other parts of the house.
- If you notice moisture or a leak near your system can be a warning of problems. In serious cases, the leak might be refrigerant. Refrigerant leaks can cause serious health hazards to you and your family and need to be repaired right away. In less serious cases, it could be that the drain tube for the AC unit’s condensation is either blocked or broken. It’s not serious but could eventually cause mold to grow.
- Grinding, grating, or squealing sounds are not normal for an AC unit to make. These noises can suggest that something is wrong inside the unit. Whether the belt has slipped out of place or it requires more lubrication.
- If there are some strange smells coming from your AC unit, it could mean that your unit’s wire insulation is burned out. There could also be mold inside your unit or your ducts, both of which are not good!
It is important to maintain your air conditioning system habitually in order to avoid these kinds of issues. AC units are pricey and taking care of them keep them lasting. And though most AC unit repairs are simple, calling a technician at Fix-it Rite in Sacramento at (916) 363-6022 for your AC unit problems is a good way fix a small problem swiftly and can help avoid letting the issue grow into something bigger.
Check out our previous article about how to maintain your air-conditioning